Monthly Newsletter March 2017
NEWS & EVENT
- We had our March 19th event! It was very successful. Over 120 people were present. The mayor of Glendale Paula Devine and counsel-men Najarian & Sinanian supported us as well. We thank all who came and supported our work and made a difference in people’s lives who need it here in Armenia.
- Our container left the warehouse on March 20.The warehouse was full of goods donated by the donors.
- Father Yeghia Hayrabedian visited our founder’s house. We thank Him for his continuous support of providing us lessons for our weekly Bible Study.
- March 8th is Women International Day. We made this day amazing both for our shelter residents and for the participants of Feed the Elders program, gave presents to all of them. The elders danced with staff members and enjoyed their day.
- Armenia Tree Project /ATP/ donated us evergreens and we planted them in our garden.
Our residents continue their classes of sewing, computer, English, manicure/pedicure, hairstyling, and cooking.
Six of our residents found work, and earning money. They are going to be transferred to the “Post Shelter” program which provides a temporary home to the women who are ready to live outside the shelter, but still need our oversight to become stronger and more self-sufficient.
We continue our charity work distributing different kinds of items to the needy families. We visit different maternity hospitals and distribute newborn clothing and pampers.
We continue to help Syrian refugees who come to our center. Almost every day we give kitchenware, blankets and clothing to them.
We surprised one of the Syrian immigrant families giving them a bed, mattress and bed cover. When our founder Seta Ghazarian knew that one of Syrian Armenians didn’t have a bed, and they slept on the floor, she asked the staff to go to her house in the village and give the second bedroom furniture to them.
We gave medical items to Ejmiatsin medical center. The condition of the hospital is so poor, we always keep them in the center of our attention. We donate them the medical items we have. They come with emergency car and take all the assistance.
We are an open Shelter, Please come and visit our facility.
Make your donations to where it counts, and make a difference in the lives of ourresidents…
ALCF P.O. Box 3595 Seal Beach, California 90740
USA Ph # 562.598.8025
Armenia ph# 374-93-32-78-34, 374-43-500-503
Address in Armenia: Armavir Marz, Ptghunk Village, Vartanatz 1